Saturday, July 27, 2013

Short Stint with A Beagle Puppy

When Chin Hang asked me to adopt his Beagle puppy, I couldn't contain my excitement. I have been wanting to keep a dog in the house and excitedly waited for him to bring me the puppy.

On 6 July, he brought Fifi (name given the Chin Hang and his wife) over. It was the most adorable companion to have. According to Ching Hang, Fifi is of a champion breed.

It was fun to have Fifi around but soon I realized that raising a puppy Beagle is no easy feat. The commitment and time required for playing, potty training and obedience training is much more than I expected. It drained my energy and began to affect my emotional stability. The training required a lot of time and patience and I always felt insecure when Fifi went near the curtain (for some reason, she likes to take her dump there).

Funny that I felt insecure as I am a rather self-secured person. Never have I thought that a puppy pet would teach me the pain of insecurity but thanks to Fifi, I should be more sensitive towards people around me who are feeling insecure now.
 As she is teething, she would bite on anything and everything she could get hold of.
  

After some deliberation, I regrettably decided that I was in no position to provide what's needed to raise Fifi. I would never know if she was happy with me but certainly, I cannot give her the attention, love and care she needed. On 24 July, Fifi is given to another owner.
 

No comments: