Sunday, March 08, 2015

Fasting Month

The Baha'is fast for 19 days in March before celebrating the New Year, Nawruz, when the sun is right at the equinoxes. Usually, that falls on the 21st March. The fasting time is from sunrise to sunset.

I have been enjoying fasting month this year because there are many open houses by the friends. I believe I have been overeating during breaking of fast. I feel healthier too as I observe my eating and drinking time properly.

Other than the spiritual benefits, there are also many physical benefits of fasting. When the body is starved of food, it starts to burn fat so that it can make energy. This can lead to weight loss. However, if you fast for too long your body will eventually start breaking down muscle protein for energy, which is unhealthy.


There are many other benefits of fasting. You can easily google it online. I’m too lazy to read the articles now.

No comments: