Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Time with Dad

Dad was with me as we travelled to a place called Gerik in Perak. Went there to check out a piece of petrol station land and a new development by a developer friend.

Dad and I both are not very good with expressing ourselves. Dad has always been supportive, gives my sisters and I all the best and I always get things done my way whether he likes them or not. It's a shame we seldom have conversations and rarely talk about things that matters. As a result, I never know what's going in his mind or what he is feeling.

Lately, dad seems a lot more negative, nagging and worrying continuously. I feel that it was mainly because of me and therefore I took this rare opportunity to inquire. Mentioned that he seems a little troubled and asked what's troubling him. Couldn't read his expressions and body language as I was driving but the answer he gave felt a little like beating around the bush.

He denied being unhappy and complained about too much time being spent on the game he, mum, aunt and a family friend have been playing. Being a pensioner, I don't see why he's complaining that. Don't feel comfortable probing further and didn't dwell on.

No comments: