Tuesday, September 04, 2012

An unlucky day?

It was only last night I was talking about positive thinking and attitudes, today I was challenged.

I could not handle an easy negotiation properly, lost out in a competition even though I had an advantage and broke my car window. Everything seems to go wrong. Tough luck, isn't it?

Its easy to blame luck when things are not going smoothly but come on, let's face the truth. I couldn't handle the negotiation properly because of lack of skill. I lost out in a competition because I lack competence or maybe I didn't work hard enough. I broke my car window because of negligence. So, who is to blame?

The questions I am more interested to answer are how can I turn this around, what can I learn from what happened today and what should I do so that the defeat today will pave the road to my victory tomorrow. By the way, I do not believe in luck. Its simply not logical to believe in luck when I believe in God and myself.

Special thanks to Nim for kindly allowing me to keep the car in his house.


No comments: