Monday, September 03, 2012

The Winning Attitude

Just finish reading the book, The Winning Attitude by John C. Maxwell. The Winning Attitude is good but the other 2 books I read from John Maxwell, Failing Forward and The 360 Degree Leader, are much more interesting. Failing Forward was extremely relevant when I read it for the second time out of boredom 2-3 months ago.


I remember an ex-boss saying the problem with me is that I have mental block. Coming from an engineering background, my brain is developed to solve problems. So I cannot help being critical and seeing problems, big or small, all the time and trying to solve them. Although a competent problem solver, occasionally I do not get immediate solutions to problems I see. This caused me to have mental block and limit my potential. Fortunately, I am a competent problem solver and the problem with mental block is quite easy to solve.

Today, being a salesman, I constantly train myself to see beyond the problems I see and look for opportunities instead. Positive thinking and commendable attitudes are essential. Therefore, in life there is no problem. Rather, there are challenges and where there are challenges, there are opportunities. Its really up to us to seize the opportunities. Quoting Louis Pasteur, "Fortune favors the prepared mind".

No comments: